Wednesday, June 19

Novice



Is this Mindy Kaling’s new blog based off her old blog Things I’ve Bought that I Love? If not, why are you doing practically the same thing as the awesome Mindy Kaling? Don’t you know she's on her own level? Let me explain. Mindy is brilliant, and I will never be her no matter how many times I wish for us to have a Freaky Friday experience, but she has inspired me to write. 
One thing Mindy and I have in common is our nasty shopping habit. (Once you memorize your credit card number you’ve practically hit rock bottom. Someone should start a support group, and we should meet at Forever21 and are not allowed to buy anything.) Mindy already had the best title for a blog, so I played on that.

 Things I’ve Lost that I Love is about things I bought that I ended up losing but still have a fondness for. (Note: Recently, most of my belongings were not lost but left in Italy. My friend, Micayla, who attends school there, took them in and traded them for kitchen appliances at flea markets, or maybe gave them to the Gypsies who hang out at Piazza Trilusa. Though those things are not technically lost, they are not with me and their current state is unknown. Most posts will be about those things.)
After losing belongings I immediately want to replace them, however, I am often reminded by friends I am a poor college student. The other night I thought about making a blog: what a perfect way to work on my writing while healing my broken, fashion loving heart. I hope to keep you somewhat entertained with anecdotes about a life that was once full of frivolous apparel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or concern