Tuesday, July 9

Headbands



One element Blair Waldorf and I share is our love of headbands. 


The closest I've come to owning a designer-priced headband was this lilac one I bought from Saks Fifth Avenue. Being my first time there I didn't know what to expect in terms of price. I thought it was like Banana Republic, but with better lighting. I only made it as far as the accessories when I realized I could not afford anything. But I saw the sparkly headband and lost it. I really wanted a new headband for my senior portrait so I bought it, for 23% off! And it was handmade! I thought was well worth the $27 until the ribbon started unraveling and I had to hot glue it back in place. 

At one point I owned about thirty headbands. I kept them neatly stacked on a mini-sized orange street cone I snagged from my school’s field house. It was brand new, I'm not going to take a dirty cone from the curb. How else will toys be able to cross busy streets?

As you might have guessed I no longer have thirty headbands, or the cone. Most of them broke or I let someone borrow one and never saw it again. I often wore them to work where I’d take them off and forget about them. The rest were left behind in Rome, including the lilac one from Saks. 

Now I’m into those knotted ones you see tutorials for on Pinterest. They don't make your head hurt so you can wear them for days. They never look this good on me, though! You can find cool designs for like $3.80 at Forever 21!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or concern