Sunday, September 1

Miley Cyrus/Max Azria Vest


Ah, Labor Day Weekend! Time to bid adieu to wonderful Summer and begin welcoming crisp Fall. While I love a day of no class, sales are the real reason why I keep track this minor holiday.

I was in desperate need for new bras but we all know how pricey that can be. I patiently waited the entire summer for this weekend to replenish my collection, keeping my eyes out for a good sale. Last weekend though, I could not take the stabbing any longer! I splurged on new bralettes online at American Eagle’s Aerie. I knew AE always had a huge Labor Day sale, but all bras were just 15 bucks each! With free shipping, I figured it could not get better than that… Until I went to their site to write reviews (yes, I just have ample free time) and saw the promotions. Everything 40% off, plus free shipping! The obsessive side of me needed to know what the difference would have been-about 15 dollars less than what I had spent and I would have received a free polka dot tote. Oh well, I am still pleased with my purchase. (They have the softest lace bralettes in a myriad of colors in case you are wondering.)


When I went to throw out my abused bras I saw the bandeau I bought years ago as my first purchase from Aerie. It is a floral print bandeau that I’ve publicly worn for more than an hour once. It was to the 2011 Honda Civic Tour, which my friend Jaime generously took me too after she scored free tickets. I rocked my floral bandeau with a black Miley Cyrus/Max Azria cotton vest from Walmart and espadrille Keds. I know. Walmart? Miley Cyrus? What is wrong with you Claudia?! 

I promise you this vest was as cute as it was versatile. Just picture pre-twerk Miley. I risked the dangerous parking lot of Walmart with my mom to find black jeans for work and I wondered into the Miley section. I adored the simplicity of the piece and since I rarely stepped foot into a Wally World I just had to get it. And it was $3.88. 

The vest was lost during the tiny window of packing for school and leaving for school. It was pretty faded, like had become an off navy blue, so I wasn’t too sad about losing it. However, I will never forget the awesome time I had, jumping around to Blink-182, My Chemical Romance and Matt & Kim, in my cute vest and denim shorts. 

Megan, the vest, and Jaime. 


Have a safe and relaxing Labor Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or concern