Thursday, July 4

Birthday Gifts Pt. 2


Happy 4th of July!!! 




My favorite birthday gift I lost was this silky, red scarf my best friend Karen gave me. It was from Italy and was the softest lace I have ever felt. It was absolutely gorgeous. But I consider it my favorite because of how she gave it to me. 

A bunch of my good friends met me at Cafe Brazil, the best place to have brunch in the Dallas area. They have like 30 different coffees to choose from and they have some pretty awesome carrot cake when it's fresh. All of their locations are decorated with local art that is for sell, which I love. Anyway, I got a lot of other really cool presents that year but I favor gifts that are themed. She handed me a small rustic trunk, like the kind you can buy from Hobby Lobby that are strategically placed in the center of the aisle on your way to check out. Inside was a disposable camera, a journal, some felt-tip pens, and that red scarf. It was travel themed!! She even wrapped the notebook in a map and threw in some Euros too. It was all too much, especially the scarf. It was super dressy and silky so I only wore it for dressy occasions. Ironically (or maybe just unfortunately), I left it in Italy. I asked a friend to ship it to me when she came home for break, but it has not arrived yet. And I don’t think it ever will. 

I hope you've had your filling of grilled meat and veggies, and see some sick firework shows later tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or concern